Viable mold testing (also known as “settle plate” or “gravity sample” testing) is not a reliable mold testing method.
Scientific and Government studies support the use of the type of viable mold testing kits offered by Home Mold Laboratory. Home Mold Test Kits work well for people who ware unsure about the presence of dangerous molds in their homes or businesses, want to find out more, and need a cost effective means of receiving reliable laboratory analysis, if it is needed.
You need to rent expensive equipment to get accurate air quality results.
Some online sellers of DIY Home Mold Test Kits will falsely state that settling plate viable mold testing does not work. The fact is, that you do not need to spend hundreds of dollars to obtain reliable mold air quality results. Scientific studies support the air test results obtained from the Home Mold Laboratory Viable Home Mold Test Kit. Or you can opt for the Air Check Mold Test Kit – the exact same equipment the mold professionals use!
All DIY home mold testing kits are pretty much the same.
The Home Mold Laboratory Home Mold Test Kits are designed and manufactured to meet all applicable NIOSH, OSHA and EPA standards and are the only DIY kits recommended and approved by the National Association of Mold Professionals.
The danger from mold is overhyped
The following health problems have all been associated with toxic mold:
- arthritic-like aches
- bloody noses
- chronic headaches
- “crawly” feeling skin
- dizziness or stuffiness
- epileptic-like seizures
- equilibrium or balance loss
- flu-like symptoms
- irritation of the eyes, nose or throat
- loss of memory
- loss of hearing
- loss of eyesight
- runny nose
- sinus congestion
- skin rashes
- trouble breathing
- unexplained irritability
- upper respiratory distress
If you, your family members, residents or occupants of the building experience any of these conditions, it may indicate that mold is present in their environment. (Adapted from The National Association of Mold Professionals.)
You don’t need to test for mold because it’s easy to find.
If you can answer “yes” to any of the following questions, there could be hidden mold in your home or building:
- Is there a musty smell in the building?
- Can you see a substance that you suspect might be mold?
- Are there visible signs of water damage anywhere?
- Does the building suffer from constant moisture or poor circulation?
- Has the building ever suffered a roof, plumbing, or basement leak?
- Has the building ever suffered a sink or sewer overflow?
- Has the building ever suffered other water problems?
If there are small children or anyone with a compromised immune system living or working in the space, or if you are moving to a new building that you want to make sure is safe, then you should test for mold.