Professional Mold Inspectors use this tool to look for trapped moisture behind walls, floors, and ceilings to locate hidden mold – now you can, too!
REMEMBER: MOLD IS CAUSED BY WATER – FIND THE WATER, AND YOU HAVE FOUND THE MOLD!
The easiest way to find trapped moisture is with a Moisture Test Meter. With this simple tool, homeowners and do-it-yourselfers can quickly locate hidden mold behind the walls, floors and ceilings. The Sonin Moisture Test Meter uses a dual reading analog scale, giving relative (1-10) and moisture percentages 10-28% readings to alert users to possible mold and moisture problems. This tool is especially valuable for anyone who is looking for mold, or getting ready to paint, wallpaper, stain a building surface or deck, or lay carpet or tile.
- Detects Moisture percentages 10-28%. Scale and reference chart correlate relative and moisture percentage readings
- Contact probes are on a 3ft coiled cable for detecting moisture in hard to reach spots
- Locate and trace roof leaks and water seepage and assess the extent of mold growth, wet rot and hidden condensation
- Detect level of moisture present in wood, sheetrock, carpets and more
- Find out if potentially damaging excess moisture is present
- Test hard or soft wood, concrete plaster, carpet and more to determine the extent of moisture problems
- Check decks before staining or sealing
- Helps to select drier lumber
- Requires one 9V battery (not included)
- One year warranty
The Sonin Moisture Test Meter is the number one selling product of its kind in terms of unit sales. It retails for nearly a third of the price of comparable models. A great tool for the professional contractor, inspector, or homeowner who needs an extremely affordable and accurate moisture-testing product. This unit will detect moisture in a range from 10%-28%, and has an easy to understand analog gauge.