A complete guide to recognizing, removing and preventing mold.
Even a minor, hidden water leak, untreated, can result in major mold problems and thousands of dollars in damage – and a severely mold-contaminated house that can’t be lived in or sold! Once moisture combines with dust or mold-friendly materials like drywall, mold can start growing and spreading in as little as 24-48 hours.
With this book, you will learn how to:
- Inspect for mold throughout a home
- Remove mold and keep it from coming back; including the best maintenance procedures to prevent mold growth.
- Select mold-preventive construction techniques and new mold-resistant materials if you’re building or remodeling
- Deal with insurance companies if you’re thinking of submitting a mold damage claim
- Select a reliable mold removal contractor, and know when you need one
- Includes standard procedures and costs for mold remediation, testing, and repair work from RSMeans, the nation’s best-known construction cost authority.
Note: Books may not be returned.